The Hair Stylist administers hairstyle consultations, provides services in shampooing, cutting, styling, coloring, perming, highlighting, up-dos and makeup application. They possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills and are willing to train in our salon’s specific hair treatment offerings. They possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness and beauty solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
Note: All duties and requirements stated are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the salon.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training guests in these areas.
- Actively promote home care programs, meeting minimum retail sales goals.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the salon’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required.
- Communicate to management any occurrences involving staff or guests in the salon that require attention.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, hair and nail services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Possess ability to work independently
- Share laundry and general housekeeping duties with other team members.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support, training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of salon operation as requested by management.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to stand while administering treatments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must hold and maintain a current license from Washington State
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, knee, crouch or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.